Sunday, February 12, 2012

GUEST POST SUNDAY- Scarlet Begonia VIntage

Meet Jess from 























Jess is the adorable lady behind an amazing vintage shop & lifestyle blog! She has great style and I can't help but to read her blog posts over & over!


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::







Hello and Happy Valentine's Day Threadesque readers! My name is Jess and my blog is called Scarlet Begonia Vintage. Today I want to show you how to make a lovely Valentine's display out of an old window frame. I love this project because you can get as creative as you want with it (might I suggest this cute idea). 





Step 1- Gather your supplies. You will need the following items for this DIY:
  • Window Frame 
  • Lace
  • Scissors
  • Staple Gun
  • Glue
  • Small Clothes Pins
  • Cotton Swabs
  • Glitter
  • Valentines, Photos, Other Decorative Items to Hang




Step 2-  Position lace where you want it on the frame (you may want to tape it in place, so that it doesn't move during the next step).


Step 3- Flip the window over and securely staple the lace in place on the back of the frame, making sure to keep the lace nice and taught while you are stapling.


Step 4- To glitter, spread glue with cotton swab to the top part of the clothes pin and dip into the glitter. This is best done on a plate to contain your mess. Allow the clothes pins to dry for at least 1 hour before use.













Step 5-  Arrange Valentines, photos, and any other decorations you would like to hang.

-Jess

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! Not sure where I would find an old window frame though??
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really lovely idea! I can also see it being adapted for all kinds of other occasions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I always love a new way to hang pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...