I asked several of my blogger friends to share their favorite beauty tips with us. Some people have a very traditional beauty regime but some of us have "secrets" you will be shocked to find out!
1. I figured out a fun way to curl my hair without using a curling iron!
Start with clean wet detangled hair
Apply your favorite serum(my favorite is made by Aveda)
Separate your hair into small sections
Twist the section in your fingers & hold for 5 seconds
Continue until you "curl" every piece of hair
Finish with a light hairspray
(my personal favorite is also made by Aveda)
TA-DA! You now have finger waves!!
2. Porcelain skin:
First off, skin care is number one! I use Say Yes to Cucumbers facial wipes daily (make sure to re-use the wipes, I usually get 3 uses out of each wipe). I give myself a "facial" once a week, using Boots Clay Mask & Biore strips. For blemishes I use witch hazel, it's a miracle worker! If you cannot cover up your blemishes, make sure to use a good concealer (my favorite is made by Benefit), finish with Studio fix by Mac Cosmetics!
3. Add a red lip! It pulls your whole look together & makes you feel super feminine/beautiful!
Secret: Super Simple Conditioner Tips
1. Never put conditioner on your roots! There is really no need to put the conditioner all the way to your scalp, hair usually gets knotted as it goes down. Having the conditioner on your scalp eventually creates residue and creates the appearance of dirty hair.
2. If you have fine hair and you plan on curling your hair that day, don't use it! The conditioner will weigh your hair down making the curl fall quicker.
3. My all time favorite conditioner (and I have tried just about every kind out there) Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship, very cheap, smells good and makes my hair super soft!
Secret: Organic facial scrub
What You’ll Need:
-Organic lemons or lemon juice
*You can also use non-organic but it has chemicals.
What To Do:
Wet your face with warm water. Soak a cotton round (cotton ball or washcloth are fine) with the lemon juice. Then on the cotton round, add a teaspoon of sugar. Scrub your face for a minute or two. Rinse your face thoroughly.
It removes all the dead skin, helping with acne and makes your face incredibly smooth.
I've used this for a year now and my skin is so nice. I use it a couple times a week right before bed. I hope this helps anyone in need! I can't wait to see what the others have in store for beauty care.
Secret: Baking Soda Shampoo
Secret: Shiny Soft Hair
1 teaspoon of honey
2 Big strawberries
The normal amount of shampoo you use
Mash strawberries in a small bowl
Mix all of the ingredients together
Apply the mixture to your hair
Let soak for 2-5 minutes
What's your beauty secret?