Sunday, December 18, 2011

GUEST POST SUNDAY - A Cup of T

GUEST POST SUNDAY

Meet Tia Dickerson


The amazingly creative & beautiful lady behind, 
Where you can find tons of DIYS & recipes.
I'm dying to try this recipe, Healthy Holiday Bites! 
What an awesome idea for holiday hors d'oeuvres! 

Hello! I am Tia from A cup of T.  
I am delighted to be posting a holiday DIY for you here on Threadesque!  
Today I will be showing you how to make a yarn wrapped Christmas tree. 
Let’s get started…


You will need:  Styrofoam cone, yarn, straight pins, hot glue gun, scissors

Optional items: Small doily, buttons, embroidery thread or anything you would like to embellish your tree with.



Step 1: Pin end of yarn at the top of cone

Step 2: Cover top of cone with hot glue and spiral yarn around the top
Step 3: Continue to warp the cone until you reach the very bottom
Step 4: Pin yarn at the bottom






Time to embellish, let’s see...lets add a tree skirt & tree topper! 

I used a vintage clip on earrings attached with a dab of hot glue
To finish up lets add some garland to the tree using straight pins and thick embroidery thread

Last but not least, display your purty little tree!


Happy Creating!
Love, T


Check out her lovely,
SHOP & BLOG

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! (:
    Very cute!!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found you from Oh So Lovely Vintage! I really like your layout and that tree is super cute! I might have to make that next year! Anyways I am following now and I can not wait to keep reading! Stop over and follow me too if you like!

    Kelli
    http://www.dailypolkadots.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...