Sunday, March 25, 2012

Guest Post Sunday - My Latest Obsession


Meet Sam from
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hello, hello! This is Sam here from My Latest Obsession. Today, I wanted to share a tutorial with you guys on how to spice up that regular ol' t-shirt by sewing on a pretty lace collar! It's super easy and perfect for any beginner! 




1. I started off with a collar I already had but if you don't have one, simply grab a piece of paper, trace around the neckline of the shirt and draw yourself one! This also allows you to customize it a bit. For example, instead of a rounded corner, you may want more of a square corner! Get creative! 

2. Cut out the lace collar. I chose not to do a piece for the back but that's completely up to you. 

3. Pin collar onto shirt and sew along the edges (preferably with a smaller stitch since it's lace). 

Style and enjoy! 

-Sam 

5 comments:

  1. what a wonderful diy. I love the petter pan collar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very pretty! Great idea for a quick girly DIY. x

    P.S. I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog at the moment and would like to invite you to take part, if you like the prize, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great DIY, might try it for myself!
    http://amyvalentinex.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. uh-mazing! I'm so totally doing this! I'm always looking for some diy designs to spruce up my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The end result looks just like a dress my friend just got from Forever 21! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...